Flying Phantom Elite, Essentiel, and Ultimate to compete in same events but in 3 separate leagues
vendredi 1er mars 2019 –
« We wanted to offer all Flying Phantom owners the unique opportunity to meet, talk together, share their experience and knowledge. The idea is to create a strong bond between the Phantom sailors.” says Emmanuel Messiaen, from Phantom International.
For all FP Owners
The 13 events are open to all Flying Phantom Owners : Professional sailors with solid foiling experience and Week-end sailors who are just new to foiling.
“Keeping all events in Europe and Caribbean was a deliberate choice, following FP Series experience on the Extreme Sailing Series where the events were in the four corners of the world, involving high logistics costs”, says Charles Hainneville, who manages the FP Elite league. "And most importantly, we wanted to mix professional competitors with week-end sailors. This is is essence of the new format and everyone will benefit from it. The Pros will enjoy a more relaxed atmosphere with less logistics, and the week-end sailors will learn and progress from watching and talking with foiling cat specialists".
“The majority of Flying Phantom owners is based in Europe, so we wanted to keep the events close to them. As the fleet develops in the USA, where we now have two official Phantom agents, we will organise a US and Caribbean circuit very soon”, says Emmanuel Messiaen.
Racing will be a mix of long distance, racing and stadium formats, tailored for week-end racers or pro sailors. More details soon with the Racing Rules.
The FP Elite League (ex FP Series) will feature two different rankings :
the CUP, for Amateur sailors : ranking by skipper, one discard
the SERIES, for Pro-Am sailors : ranking by boat, no discard
The 2019 calendar does not only include RACING events but also three CAMPS with foiling specialists and training races. Two in April-May on the French coast and one in mid-season in Italy. These camps will help sailors improve their foiling skills !
Press info www.phantom-internationalclass.com
2019 EVENTS CALENDAR
- ACT 1 : 5-7th April : ENVSN, Quiberon, France. Camp
- ACT 2 : 27-28th April, Biscarosse, France. Camp
- ACT 3 : 2-4th May, Eurocat, Carnac, France. Racing
- ACT 4 : 10-12th May, Raid Cup Legend, La Baule, France. Racing
- ACT 5 : June TBC, Finist’Air, Brest, France. Racing
- ACT 6 : 21-23rd June, Dunkerque, France. Racing
- ACT 7 : 28-30th June, Raid Emeraude, St Lunaire, France. Racing
- ACT 8 : Mid July TBC, Lake Garda, Italy. Racing + Camp
- ACT 9 : September TBC, event in Switzerland. Racing
- ACT 10 : 27-29th September, Barcelona, Spain. Racing
- ACT 11 : 5-6th October, Catagolf, Arradon, France. Racing
- ACT 12 : 19-22nd October : X-Trem Gliss Crozon, France. Racing
- ACT 13 : 4-11th November : Martinique Flying Regatta, Fort-de-France, Racing