A tight Tornado contest in the city centre of Prague
mercredi 18 avril 2012 –
The event was divided into two races. The first took place on Saturday morning and was called the BROKER BUSINESS REGATTA. A leading Czech yachtsman such as Zdenek Pavlis, 13 times national champion, or even our most famous ocean yachtsman and holder of 28 national championship medals - David Krizek would helm the boat with representatives of large corporations such as Jaroslav Besperát of CPP, and Peter Hruby of BROKER CONSULTING.
Saturday bought a beautiful sunny day with light winds. Battles were very balanced and there were plenty of close passages near the shore, which was very attractive for the thousands of spectators lining the shore. The overall winner was team BROKER CONSULTING 1 - David Krizek and Peter Hruby. The second crew drove team UNIQA - Zdenek Pavlis and Zbynek Vesely and third team CP INVEST - Ivan Ptacnik and Jan Forejt.
In the afternoon, after the ceremony proceeded the catamarans went back onto the water but this time with full racing crews. The wind was quite weak and very variable. However, the race committee headed by Martin Souškem managed to make three races. The best performing crew were UNIQA, who managed to secure themselves three race bullets.
The evening entertainment was held in the restaurant in YC CERE where photographer Martina Barnet projected photographs from the day.
On Sunday, racers woke up to completely different weather conditions. There was a moderate to strong breeze and overcast skies, which were bound to bring rain.
This lead to some full on Tornado sailing action with hulls out of the water and twin trapezing around the short course creating the best possible action for the crowds. The visitors really enjoyed the unique spectacle and received their reward for putting up with the bad weather.
David Krizek and Zdeněk Adam fought at full speed to get the first three places across the line leading to what they thought was the overall victory. They later found out that in the second race due to an error they were disqualified.
The overall winners were team UNIQA - ZdenekPavlis and Jiri Pavlis (racing for PREFA Hubenov), the second team was BROKER CONSULTING 1 - David Krizek and Zdeněk Adam (competing for the CK Fischer) and the third team BROKER CONSULTING 2 - Jan Petrak and Frantisek Marek (racing ABACUS ELETRIC).
Press info Andrew Dowley
BUSINESS BROKER REGATTA (April 14, 2012)
- 1st BROKER CONSULTING 1 - D. Krizek and P. Hruby - 1, 2, 1
- 2nd UNIQA – Z. Pavlis and Z. Vesely - 2, 1, 2
- 3rd CP INVEST – I. Ptacnik and J. Forejt - 4, 4, 3
- 4th AXA - B. Fousek and V. Zahradnik - 3, DSQ, 4
- 5th CPP - A. Novak and J. Besperát - 6, 3, 5
- 6th BROKER CONSULTING 2 - J. Petrak and O. Schejbal - 5, 5, 6
PRAGUE SPEED Catamaran Regatta 2012 (April 14-15, 2012)
- 1st UNIQA - Z. Pavlis and J. Pavlis (PREFA Hubenov) - 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2
- 2nd BROKER CONSULTING 1 - D. Krizek, and Z. Adam (CK Fischer) - 2, 2, 2, 1, 2, 1
- 3rd BROKER CONSULTING 2 - J. Petrak and F. Marek (ABACUS) - 3, 3, 6, 3, 3, 3
- 4th INVEST CP – I. Ptacnik and V. Lambl - 4, 6, 5, 4, 4, DNF
- 5th AXA - J. Fousek and B. Kolb (BENTEX Plastic) - 6, 4, 3, DNC, DNC, DNC
- 6th CPP - A. Novak and M. Novak - 5, 5, 4, DNC, DNC, DNC
Dans la même rubrique
A Div Catamaran Australian Championsyhips : 7 times A-Cat World Champion Glenn Ashby won 2012 Australian Nationals
Extreme Sailing Series : Luna Rossa crowned Extreme Sailing Series 2011 Champions after final Act win
Extreme Sailing Series : Alinghi Win Act 8 in Almeria • Luna Rossa Lead the 2011 Rankings Going into the Final
Extreme Sailing Series : A Final Race of High Suspense Secures a French Victory on the French Riviera